domingo, 24 de octubre de 2010

“The War of the Buttons”

My favourite movie is “The War of the Buttons”. This movie I  saw several years ago on the tv in my house. And I seen many times. Now I will tell you the general characteristics of this movie, but I prefer that you see it, for this I will don´t tell you many details.

This movie is based on a 1912 French novel by Louis Pergaud, Is about two rival kid gangs in Ireland, the Ballys (the poor), and the Carricks (the rich). They live in two different towns, which is one next the other, but separated whit a river only the brave young dare cross. The history related the social class struggle between they and how they compet they compete for are the better in all, they didn´t know why fight because always they have.

The protagonists are the leaders of this two kangs: Fergus, leader of the Ballys; son of a family very pour, he is not a good student and live whit his mother and his father(an abusive man). The leader of the Carricks is Jerome son of a wealthy family and a father very strict. The story related all battles between this gangs and how they win their trophies…the buttons of clothes of the rivals. This because the buttons are expensive (for them) and because to get home receive punishment from their parents.



2 comentarios:

  1. your movie have a social message, your destiny were study some carrie related whit the social topic, jajajaja

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I saw this movie when i was a child and I had forgotten. Thanks for remember it to me

    ResponderEliminar